A Snippet from The Pendant



Drawing of the Pendant by Hannah LePage
...made of gold, and encrusted with pearls, and lapis lazuli, in the center was a little ruby

My head spun, a necklace could be a gift, or a token from Pharaoh, maybe it was a secret way of saying that the Pharaoh was back and wanted to see Tiye. No, Tiye would have told Tseskos right out that she had to see Pharaoh. It was silly, but I was sure it had to do with my Pendant...made of gold, and encrusted with pearls, and lapis lazuli, in the center was a little ruby
“Reniseb! Reniseb! Little Black Eyes!”
I opened my eyes, my mother stood before me. “Reniseb, I have been able to see you again after all, I had thought that it was impossible, but I was wrong.”
Tears came to my eyes and I did not try to hold them back, “Mother, please tell me what that Pendant is, why does everything seem connected to it?”
“Dear One, I cannot tell you that, you must find out for yourself. I know you are strong enough or I would not have put this weight on you. I have borne it for a very long time now, and when it happened I had to give the Pendant to someone whom I could trust.”
“You say ‘Pendant’ in a strange way, why?”
“Oh, Little One, you want to come to me and your body is trying to, but you must stay here. Awake, and be well.”
She lay her cool hand on my hot feverish head, “I will always be there for you.” She smiled and was gone.  My head began to throb, pain enveloped me and blackness came...peace...sleep...comfort.



 photo theauthor_zps8356b86b.png

FACEBOOK   GOOGLEPLUS   PINTEREST   TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment

I should be most pleased if you would leave a comment. I do so love reading them and hearing what you think.
(all of it, I want to know everything you think about....wait no, that's creepy)