Progress and Sefkh

Lovely news! I have finally reached 50000 words in The Pendant. That was my first goal, though I now know that I can finish the book in no less than 65000 words. But I am getting there. It is very very exciting.



52168 / 65000 words. 80% done!
Also, there is no Beautiful People this month, so I am delving into the archives of Further Up and Further In
I have just introduced a new character into the plot of The Pendant. I have been working on Sefkh for a long time, and have looked forward to finally writing him in. So I shall use the Beautiful People for June 2014 for him.



1) What is their full name and is there a story behind why they got it? 


Um. Egyptian full names would basically be their entire lineage. So I will shorten it for Sefkh because (spoiler) he is actually a noble. Sefkh son of Se-isi son of Sebek of the house of Sebek-a-isi. There isn't really a story behind it, but Sefkh means Capturer.



2) How old are they, and when were they born?

He is about 22 but neither he nor I know for sure when he was born. I think that it was in what we would call June or July.


3) Describe their physical appearance. (Bonus questions: 1. What is
their race/nationality/ethnicity? 2. Do you have a picture of them? I
f so, include it!)

He is tall, for that time. About 5' 11". His skin has become very dark from the son. But he was born with a lighter complexion that most Egyptians.  Race: Egyptian. No.



4) Describe your character's personality first in one word, and then elaborate with a few sentences.

Fun. Sefkh is a huge practical joker. He loves to laugh; enjoys being around other people (nice people) and has no desire to live up to his aristocratic birth-right. He can be very serious when need be, has plenty of courage, and seeks to comfort others when there is something wrong. 



5) What theme song(s) fit their personality and story arc?

I have no idea.



6) Which one of the seven deadly sins describes your character?

What a strange question? Doesn't everyone have a little something of all seven of those sins in them? I really don't know which on describes him. 



7) If they were an element (fire, water, earth, air), which one would they be?
All four. Sefkh can have a fiery temper on occasion, but he is really a very gentle person who others find refreshing (earth-water). I'm not sure how a personality would tie in with the element of air, but Sefkh is certainly a space case some times.

8) What is their favorite word?

Well, hmmm......probably "luck"



9) Who’s one person they really miss? (It could be someone who’s passed away, or someone they’re not close to anymore, or someone who’s moved away.)

Oh, that's easy. Senet, the love of his life died two years before The Pendant begins. Senet means Support.


10) What sights, sounds, and smells remind them of that person?

When he sees Senet's sister Thiti (giving) she reminds him of Senet. The sound of singing reminds him of Senet, because she always used to sing to him whenever they saw each other. The smell of roses reminds him of her because she always wore a rose scented perfume. 

 
 photo theauthor_zps8356b86b.png


FACEBOOK   GOOGLEPLUS   PINTEREST   TWITTER

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know. Sefkh and Senet is its own short story. Someday I might write it.

      Delete
    2. Possibly. Possibly. I could do something like The Foundling, that is a collection of prequel short stories about people in the actual book.

      Delete

I should be most pleased if you would leave a comment. I do so love reading them and hearing what you think.
(all of it, I want to know everything you think about....wait no, that's creepy)