BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE: Parental Edition

I have to admit, when I saw the words "parental edition" I almost closed the window. But in the end, ye old author decided to stay and dutifully answered all the questions. Or tried to. I couldn't decide whether to do Ukani or Reniseb, so I did both. We will begin with Reni. Did I mention I finished the first three chapters of second drafts? Did I? Did I? Can I mention it again just in case? 
I FINISHED THE FIRST THREE CHAPTERS OF PENDANT SECOND DRAFTS!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, it just makes me so happy.

Here goes:


RENISEB


1. Do they know both their biological parents? Why/why not?
Yes she does. Because she lives with them....what kind of a question is this?

2. Have they inherited any physical resemblances from their parents?
Reniseb's father says that Reniseb looks "just like her mother" but really she doesn't that much. Her jaw and the shape of her eyes are inherited from her mother. Her nose comes from her father. Her eye color (black) is all her own, and don't ask me how it is biologically possible that two brown eyed people could give birth to someone with black eyes. I don't know and I don't care.



3. What's their parental figure(s) dress style? Add pictures if you like!
Well, let me think. Typical 18th Dynasty Egyptian Clothing. Everyone knows what that looks like, right? Okay mebbe not. Well, for women it was usually just a one piece sheath, usually of silk. The richer you were, the more pleats and drapes and tucks you got. And yes, it was incredibly sheer, and you could pretty much see through it, but you did not need to know that.

4. Do they share any personality traits with their parental figures? And which do they take after most?
Reniseb inherited her fathers love of order and having everything nice and tidy and organized and labeled. Before her brother died, she had her mother's wit, and she still has her mother's laugh, though she never uses it. She instead resorts to a more controlled thing, which Tseskos calls her "deign to notice lesser beings sound". 


5. Do they get on with their parental figure(s) or do they clash?
She is a very reserved person, and she "gets on" with most people, if by "get on" you mean no yelling and arguing and fighting etc. But she is not really friends with her father parents. She respects them and loves them, and is obedient and teachable, but she doesn't really talk to them or show much affection. Reniseb doesn't really show much emotion, period. 


6. If they had to describe their parental figure(s) in one word, what would it be?
Father: Just Mother: Hyper-intelligent. What? That is totally one word.


7. How has their parental figure(s) helped them most in their life?
He mother helped her to ever come out of her room after Yahmose (Reni's bro) died. And her father....helped her to....nothing really. I guess he helped her understand...no not really. I got nothing.


8. What was their biggest fight with their parental figure(s)?
Reniseb doesn't really do "fights"


9. Tracing back the family tree, what nationalities are in their ancestry?
Oh! I know this one. Egyptian, Egyptian, Egyptian, Egyptian. Minimal transportation type of thing. Plus the noble families were all inbred. Its a wonder the race survived at all.

10. What’s their favourite memory with their parental figure(s)?
Mother: Being taught to weave. Father: Being taught to shoot a bow and arrow. Yes, shy little Reniseb used to be quite good. It is only mentioned once in the whole book I think, but I know all about it.




UKANI


1. Do they know both their biological parents? Why/why not?
Ukani KNEW both of his biological parents, but they both died when he was 12-14.

2. Have they inherited any physical resemblances from their parents?
Yes actually, Ukani looks exactly like his dad. Its kind of amusing. 

3. What's their parental figure(s) dress style? Add pictures if you like!
Same as Reni's parents.

4. Do they share any personality traits with their parental figures? And which do they take after most?
Nope. Ukani's parents were both sweet and gentle people. Ukani is a drunk and a jerk most of the time.

5. Do they get on with their parental figure(s) or do they clash?
He got on swimmingly with his mom and dad. Nefru was the one who always argued and fought etc., Ukani was really a very sweet little boy, until he was about 11.

6. If they had to describe their parental figure(s) in one word, what would it be?
Father: Strong. Mother: Kind

7. How has their parental figure(s) helped them most in their life?
His father taught him to love stories and words in general. Ukani has a soft spot for children, which has kept him more gentle than he otherwise would have been. That can be attributed to his mother.

8. What was their biggest fight with their parental figure(s)?
They were all sort of the same. General stuff like I want to do this, no. But I want to. No. As I said, Nefru was the difficult child.

9. Tracing back the family tree, what nationalities are in their ancestry?
Egyptian. Egyptian. Egyptian. Egyptian. Small world, ain't it?

10. What’s their favourite memory with their parental figure(s)?
Mostly just sitting with them and talking. 




 photo theauthor_zps8356b86b.png

FACEBOOK   GOOGLEPLUS   PINTEREST   TWITTER

2 comments:

  1. "Reniseb's father says that Reniseb looks "just like her mother" but really she doesn't that much." HA! I don't know why, that's just really funny to me.

    ReplyDelete

I should be most pleased if you would leave a comment. I do so love reading them and hearing what you think.
(all of it, I want to know everything you think about....wait no, that's creepy)