HOW TO: Remove the "Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)" link from your blog

THIS TUTORIAL HAS BEEN UPDATED




If you are reading this post on my blog, you will doubtless have noticed that I have done a teeny little redesign. This was because I was feel strangely unsatisfied with the blog, and re-design seemed like a good idea at the time. It worked! Author is in heaven and all's right with the blog. Sort of. Anyway, I learned several new tricks in the process, which I shall be posting about over the next several days so keep your eyes open. Unable to decide which tick to do first, I cast about for suggestions, and  I have had a request from Awdur for instructions on removing the "Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)" link. This link appears between the last post on a page and the footer, of a blogger blog.
TO REMOVE:

Removal of the offending object is MUCH easier than one might at first think. In essence, the appearance of this unpleasantness is controlled by one line of code. We simply remove that line, and voila!
Go to your Dashboard>>Template>>Edit HTML and press ctrl+f on windows and command+f on mac to bring up a search box. Make sure you click somewhere in the html first to ensure that you are searching in the right place. Find the following piece of code. 
UPDATED

<b:include data='feedLinks' name='feedLinksBody'/>

Once you have found the code, remove it.
Save your template and go look at your blog. The excrescence should be no more. Kaput! Gone! Nothing!
 photo theauthor_zps8356b86b.png

FACEBOOK   GOOGLEPLUS   PINTEREST   TWITTER

3 comments:

  1. No need to publish this, but I can't find that bit of code.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have updated the code so it should work now. Sorry for the trouble.

      Delete
    2. Sank you, eet vorks now.

      Delete

I should be most pleased if you would leave a comment. I do so love reading them and hearing what you think.
(all of it, I want to know everything you think about....wait no, that's creepy)