Beautiful People, July: UKANI

Once again, I am doing Ukani. He is the character I dwell on most these days, so he is the character I am going to hit you over the head with most. These questions pretty much all reference modern things, so I shall have to dig into my modern version of Ukani, which is close enough to the real thing that, hopefully, you won't notice the difference. Also, this is BR, before Reniseb. Meaning that Ukani has not met her.



1. What’s their favourite ice cream flavour?
Ukani likes icecream sundaes without cherries or peanuts. 

2. Your character is getting ready for a night out. Where are they going? What are they wearing? Who will they be with?
He is going to a very small bar, with very few people inside. He is wearing jeans and a button down shirt. He is going alone. 

3. Look at your character’s feet. Describe what you see there. Do they wear dress shoes, gym shoes, or none at all? Are they in socks that are ratty and full of holes? What do they consider comfortable and what do they consider agony?

Black socks, and black sneakers. Neat and fairly clean. Ukani likes to wear shoes so worn down that he can feel the rocks and grass beneath his feet (coincidentally, so do I). And he likes things he can walk for hours in and run in. Also he likes shoes that he can wade through a creek in, and still have them dry not to long after. 

4. Do they have any birthmark or scars? Where are they and how did they get them?

Many many scars. Mostly fights, sometimes falling when drunk, or being reckless, or just plain stupid. Such a variety of things, it would take too long to explain. Where? Pretty much everywhere, but mostly face, arms, and legs. 

5. What kind of music do they listen to? Does it change depending on their mood or is it always consistent? (Feel free to share samples!)

Oddly enough, he enjoys classical music, and poetry. He is not nearly so evil and horrible as he would seem. He also has a soft spot for very small children, preferably little girls...but I think I mentioned that already.

6. Do they have any musical talent? Play an instrument? How’s their singing voice?

He can play the piano VERY well.  And he sings beautifully.

7. What kind of book would you catch them reading?

Poetry, Historical Fiction, Fantasy Fiction, Sci-fi, pretty much anything that was old, and of very high quality. He loves old books. Like myself, he finds almost all modern books to be not worth the trouble. This is an amusing view for me, since if I ever get my book published, it will be among those "modern books". 

8. How would they spend their summers (or their holidays)?

Nefru would try to make Ukani join him and friends or family, but Ukani usually ends up alone reading and drinking, and sitting in his house.

9. It’s Saturday at noon. What is your character doing? Give details. Ex. If they’re eating breakfast, what’s on the menu? Are they hiking, shopping, lazing around?

He has probably been hiking all day to reach the top of some stupidly high mountain, where he will read for a while, sit around and do nothing, and then probably find something dangerous and stupid to do.

10. Is there anything your character wants to be free of?

Ukani has pretty much freed himself of everything he wanted to be free of, and therefore he has no friends. He would like to be free of the past that he hates, and the deaths that were in it, and the memories of people that he loved. 
 photo theauthor_zps8356b86b.png

FACEBOOK   GOOGLEPLUS   PINTEREST   TWITTER

4 comments:

  1. Ukani sounds interesting! And he's from a fantasy novel? This post has no comments and I'm here to fix that lol. XD I gave you a follow also!

    I also did BP ^ ^: http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2015/07/beautiful-people-11-brian.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad you like him. He is my favorite character.....I mean, I adore Tseskos and Reniseb and Sefkh and all that, but Ukani....he is my fav.
      And yes, technically it is a fantasy novel. But its also partly under historical fiction.
      Spoiler, in the end the fantasy part has very little impact on the story itself. I like that.

      And I agree with Brian about icecream. Though I really love putting strawberries on mine, but NEVER chocolate.

      Delete
  2. He seems like a really solitary guy, reminds me some of Jack Reacher, who is a bit of a drifter sort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a VERY long backstory, which explains everything about him.

      Delete

I should be most pleased if you would leave a comment. I do so love reading them and hearing what you think.
(all of it, I want to know everything you think about....wait no, that's creepy)