40000 YAY!???? Also, Beautiful People August: Friendship

Well today I hit 40000 words in Pendant Second Drafts. Which is cool. But really not even close to being done. I'm not even half done. Remember way back when? When my goal was 50000 words? How foolish and naive I was. Its funny now, in retrospect, that I thought 50000 was soooo much. I mean....its nothing. I now expect to round out between 90,000 and 100,000. But probably in third drafts, I will be laughing at the way I am thinking now. I will be saying, remember when I thought I could finish at 100,000?? I was such an idiot. For now though, its good.
Having some idea where I am going helps me, it also reminds me that I can't go on forever, and I do need to stop mooning over Ukani and Reni, and get on with the story. (who said I mooned over them? Who said that? Its not true!)
Which is kind of funny, because a few days ago, I realized that I had forgotten to write in two major things. You see, I was happily writing along in my desert scenes, with a sick Ukani. And then I realized that I forgot to make Reni and Ukani fall in love. Like totally, completely forgot. I also forgot to give my little traitor time to make contact with the enemy. Oops.
So I kind of had to run back, and throw in a few hints, but other than that I am too lazy to do much changing. It can wait until Third Drafts right? Right.

So you know the "listen to music while you write to get you into the mood" theory?? Well I used to do that. Switch up music depending on what sort of scene I needed to write. It kind of helped, but not really. Currently, I have found myself listening to the Avatar (Pocahontas with Blue People version) Sountrack when I write in the morning. Like, every day. Same soundtrack. Start at the beginning. Its been going on for almost two months. It has a lot of moods in it, so its nice. So did LOTR though, but the problem with that was that I just wanted to sit back and listen to the music. But I have found Avatar to be very unobtrusive. I don't even like it that much. I never listen to it just for it. But when I'm writing, its perfect.

Which Reminds me. Friendship Beautiful People. Right. I was going to do Reniseb and Tseskos...but their friendship can wait. To me, the Ukani/Tseskos relationship is much more....interesting.
So I give you
TSESKOS and UKANI

How long have they known each other, and how close are they?
Like, two-three months.

What’s their earliest memory of being best friends?

They aren't "best friends". I don't believe in best friends. Or perhaps I do, but I believe that all my true friends are my best friends. The whole idea of best friend is kind of mean and exclusive. Their earliest memory of being friends, is both being highly amused by the same thing. That sort of started things off.

Do they fight? How long do they typically fight for?

They don't fight. Why the assumption that all friends fight?? They banter, and sometimes they argue playfully. Sometimes they calmly discuss their disagreements and differences like normal, mature adults. Define fight.

Are their personalities similar or do they compliment each other?

Fairly similar I would say. They both have a disregard of other people's opinions of them. They both like to tease, enjoy life, and they both love a good joke. They are both loyal to those they love. Often grumpy. Neither of them like people much. (you get it right? Like me. Yes, I shoved myself into my story. If I am the mother of all my characters, it makes sense that some of them would inherit stuff from me.) They both lost their parents young. They both spent a lot of time drifting from place to place. Ukani as a rebellious teen. Tseskos as a slave. They both endured loss and hardship. And adorably enough, they both found peace and healing in Reniseb.

Who is the leader of their friendship (if anyone)?

Friendships have leaders? I did not know that.

Do have any secrets from each other?

Not so much secrets, as just stuff they wouldn't come out and say of their own will, and stuff that never comes up. Either of them would tell the other anything if asked.

How well do they know each other’s quirks and habits?
They are really close as people, and they both understand the other's personality, likes and dislikes etc. very well. Actual quirks and habits, not so much as they have only known each other as friends for three months. Before that, they knew of each others existence, but they never talked or really even saw each other.

What kind of things do they like to do together?

Their choices as the moment are limited to sitting and talking around a fire. Sitting and talking on their camels. And sitting, while Ukani sleeps, and Tseskos worries that he might not wake up. To steep into their modern doubles, I have more options. They do enjoy watching stupid movies to mock them together, and they enjoy watching good movies to enjoy together. They like long walks, but other than that they are not big fans of the whole running around to go sightseeing and amusement parks or even movies in theaters for that matter. Of course one must take into account that modern day Ukani does have a fiance (Reni) and so they don't get terribly much time alone together. Which is fine, because the three of them enjoy themselves quite well together.

Describe each character’s fashion style (use pictures if you’d like!) How are their styles different/similar?

Once again dipping into modern doubles for this answer. Tseskos likes jeans, button downs, sweaters, and T-shirts. She likes a spot of bright color now and then, but mostly goes for muted colors, generally black, brown or blue. Tseskos also likes stocking caps. Ukani is a fan of Converse, jeans, and T-shirts. Button downs are not his friends, and he is constantly mistreating his clothing and dislodging buttons, which Reniseb then has to sew back on again. Its adorable. He is not a leather jacket bad boy, but he does own several leather jackets. Very nice, warm ones that actually serve a purpose in cold weather. 

How would their lives be different without each other?

That is kind of hard to answer. I want to say that they both would have had Reniseb, so they wouldn't be lonely. But its doesn't really make sense that they could both still have her, and not know each other. I honestly have no idea..I've never thought about. They don't have lives without each other when I get to them. Its like trying to imagine life without my own friends. I know there WAS a time when I didn't have them, but I don't really remember what it was like.

 photo theauthor_zps8356b86b.png

FACEBOOK   GOOGLEPLUS   PINTEREST   TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment

I should be most pleased if you would leave a comment. I do so love reading them and hearing what you think.
(all of it, I want to know everything you think about....wait no, that's creepy)