Answering My Own Questions (I swear I'm not a narcissist)


Alright, ladies and gentlemen (I don't think there are gentlemen reading this blog, but there's no need to be exclusive). I was recently tagged, and in the process of making ten new questions, I decided that I wanted to answer the questions myself. So...I was tagged by The Author. 

Night Owl or Early Bird?
Night Owl. DEFINITELY a night owl. 

Do you prefer a spotless room, or a comfortably messy room?

It depends. If I have just cleaned my room and made it spotless, I become a neat freak for a few days, but I think I generally prefer it to be comfortably messy. About two articles of clothing (not dirty enough to wash, but not clean enough to put in a closet with clean clothing. Just waiting to be worn ONE MORE TIME) on the floor in front of my closet, some books and various papers scattered about the place, and a nest of pillows and blankets in place of a neatly made bed. I am weird about having a vacuumed carpet. Almost obsessive. But I've been getting better. 

Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or no chocolate?

Dark chocolate. REALLY dark chocolate.

Favorite books?

Lord of the Rings, Silmarillion, and the Space Trilogy.  Mara and Pharaoh. The Hobbit and Chronicles of Narnia. MORE: http://writeornotwrite.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

Would you rather live alone forever, or live at home forever?
Oh. I don't want to do either of these. I want to live with a husband forever, and my children for part of that forever. Wait, my house that I will someday (hopefully) have with my husband will be my home. HA. Loophole. (I honestly wasn't thinking of that loophole when I wrote the question, I promise). 

If you could only travel to one foreign country in the course of your life, where would you go and for how long?

Could I live in Ireland forever? I mean, it would be sad, but my family could still visit ME every now and then. If I have to come back eventually, still ireland, and for as long as I can. And I could pretend that england, scotland, and wales aren't separate countries and visit them. Wait, the UK as a sovereign state is considered a country isn't it, so I will live there. 

If you could change the ending of a book, what book would it be and what would you change?

I wouldn't change the endings of books I love, because then they would be different and I wouldn't love them as much. So...oh I know. There was this one book by Kate Seredy called Chestry Oak, and the ending made me mad. SPOILERS: long story short, kid get's separated from his dad in war (I think..it's been a while) and ends up being adopted by this other family. At the end of the book you see his real dad talking to his foster dad, and then the real dad ends up having him stay with the foster family. I presume he visited him a lot. But I would change it so that his real dad took him back, and the foster family got to visit him and be visited by him. It was a sweet book though, other than the ending. 

If you could spend just one day with any writer, dead or alive, who would it be?
Tolkien.

If you could be in any movie (as anything from an actor to a set dresser) what movie would it be? This doesn't have to be a movie that someone has actually made.

I would want to have had ANYTHING to do with the making of the LOTR movie, and if anyone ever tries to make a movie of my beloved space trilogy, I want to be in charge so they don't mess it up. WHOEVER OWNS THOSE RIGHTS, DON'T SELL THEM.

(for writers) If you could give up the experience of writing a novel, and just have it finished, would you?

Oh it's so tempting, but no. As much as I hate it, I love it, if that makes any sense. Writing Hounds and Jackals (previously known as Pendant) has been and will continue to be rather horrid, and I'm sure I will constantly be wishing that I could just skip the process of writing it and have it be done, but I do love writing. It's like stretching sore muscles, it hurts but it's wonderful. 

(for non-writers) A much used question, but a good one nonetheless: If you could live in any time period, when would it be and why?

I would like to live in the medieval ages, in england, because I'm into debilitating diseases, grime, arranged marriages, and being a housewife. But really, I'm okay with the prospect of possibly contracting nasty sicknesses; grime isn't really a problem, I'll take a bath; I actually wouldn't be that mad about an arranged marriage, as long as it wasn't a forced marriage; and I would love to be a housewife. 
On a more realistic note, I'm going with late 19th century england, so that I could die when the obnoxious modernization of the 20th century began. 
In both of these times, I'm dragging back my station in life today "generic middle class people. Not poor, not rich, just sort of normal."
I'm still a housewife. I would want to be a housewife/full-time mom in ANY century.


 photo theauthor_zps8356b86b.png



No comments:

Post a Comment

I should be most pleased if you would leave a comment. I do so love reading them and hearing what you think.
(all of it, I want to know everything you think about....wait no, that's creepy)