2017

Oh hey! It's a different year. The world is was ablaze with new year's resolutions, excitement and expectation. And complaints about how horrible 2016. For ME it was actually a pretty good year. I got a new niece, I figured out my evil book, I got my driver's license (yes, I am a small child).
It was a year of famous people dying (or so I hear), but I find that I do not care about that. It is, of course, sad whenever people die. But people die all the time...I guess they just don't usually happen to be famous, so no one cares?
Then there is Trump becoming our president. I don't want to get into politics, and frankly, I don't really care about the president. I can't vote, and even if I did somehow have influence over the votes of people in my life, I don't think I would have used it. There is absolutely nothing I can do to affect anything in the government, so until I turn 18, I don't particularly care. 
As my mother would say 'he's our president now, so we might as well pray for him instead of complaining about it". 

About New Year's parties. Yes, my family had one. Yes, I stayed up until midnight (probably to about 3am). No, I did not toast it in. I kind of just forgot. I had some friends over, and we realized that we had two minutes left to go, and then suddenly it was 12:01. So exciting. But if you like to count down those last five seconds and chug a glass of something, go for it. 
My birthday is at the end of January, and for me, that is more 'exciting' in the sense of a whole new year. My birthday is the day that I go into a new year a life, the day that heralds 'changes to come', and makes me think about what all went on the last year. Perhaps that only works because it is in the very first month of a new year, I dunno. 
I was SUPER early in the morning, so I could have a party the day before and count down, but somehow that feels rather self obsessed. Whoa, I just had the weirdest feeling of Deja Vu. I feel like it was just yesterday (actually a year ago) that I said that exact same thing to my twin. Sometimes I think my brain just repeats on a yearly cycle. That sounds like a strange sci-fi novel that I wouldn't read. 

2016 went by so fast that I'm slightly worried about blinking, for fear that 2017 will be gone before my eyes open again. The phrase 'blink of an eye' has always bothered me. As a opposed to what? The blink of a potato? 


Happy New Year, everyone. Enjoy it while it lasts, because it's going to be gone before you have even gotten used to writing 2017 on everything, instead of 2016.


I have a strange feeling that it's going to be eerily similar to last year. 

 photo theauthor_zps8356b86b.png



No comments:

Post a Comment

I should be most pleased if you would leave a comment. I do so love reading them and hearing what you think.
(all of it, I want to know everything you think about....wait no, that's creepy)