Tag Theft


I feel the need to be posting things, but lack of creativity/a brain forces me to "borrow" things from other people. I found this on the Lady Awdur's blog, and she took it from Over the Hills. You may notice from the predominant colours in the above image, that I am in denial concerning the arrival of spring. I resent the heat. I will not let go of winter and fall. Never!

Without further chit-chat:




Do you have any family heirlooms?


I don't have anything TERRIBLY old, but I have a doll belonging to my mother; a hope chest; teacups and a dress that were once my grandmother's. The only thing that I see becoming an heirloom in the future is a garnet necklace that my grandfather had made for my grandmother, as garnet was her birth stone. It also happens to be my birthstone, so she thought it fitting that I have the necklace. 




Opinion on letter writing?

I'm quite fond of it, and there is a part of me that wishes there was no other way to communicate (other than in person, naturally). There is something about a letter that is so much better than an email or an instant message or a phone call. It is very personal, and somehow manages to contain information that you would never hear of any other way.




Do you prefer tea, coffee, or cocoa?


Tea. Very bitter, black tea. Preferably from Africa or India. No cream or sugar or any other contamination. I also like hot chocolate (very bitter) during the colder months, and while a little coffee IN hot chocolate is acceptable, I do not really like it. The smell is nice though, and it looks like it would be good, but then when I try it, it never is. 




What's your favorite children's story?

Hmm, that depends on what you would call a children's story. I never liked books for very young children, because before I could read I found them boring, and after I could read I only wanted words and no pictures. The Chronicles of Narnia were read aloud to me when I was young (after I could read, but before I could actually read real books) and I have always loved them. 




What movie or period drama ending really frustrated you? And how would you change it?

The Return of the King. I am resigned to it now, and love it. But I would still change it if I could. When I first watched LOTR I was horrified to discover that the Scouring of the Shire had been cut. I still wish that there was a movie version of it, and if I could, I would cut out the death of Saruman and add in the Scouring of the Shire. I don't know if that counts as changing though, since all the endings from the movie would still be there, just with the S of the Shire in between the coronation and everything being peachy. I have been told "but then the movie would have way too many endings and go on FOREVER". Don't you understand? I WANT it to go on forever. 





Where do you see yourself in ten years time?


Realistically or in my dreams? Because for me they are almost the same thing. I believe that I shall probably be married with at least two children. I hope that I shall be married with more than two children (God willing), and it would be very nice if I had done plenty of travelling by that point. 






What makes you nostalgic?


Nostalgia. Whenever I am with people I have known forever, and we are talking about childhood memories that we share. When I finish The Lord of the Rings (movie or book) and I am already missing it. When I wander in the forests that held so many of my games as a youngling. I miss being completely naive and innocent. I miss believing that everything was perfect and all people were good and adults knew everything and nothing bad could ever happen. (I felt VERY betrayed when I started coming up with questions that my mother couldn't answer). 




If you had to describe yourself as an animal, what would it be?

Though I dislike cats, I am very like one. But I consider myself to be more horsey. Not a beautiful and elegant and perfect horse, but a small, sturdy, stubborn one that loves to run free and refuses saddle, harness, and bridle. Loyal and anti-social. 






If a loved one was to serenade you, what song would you most like them to sing?

I wouldn't. I would want him to get a violin and start playing music from The Lord of the Rings. But if he HAD to sing, I would be quite taken with some funky oldie that had nothing romantic about it. I should find it incredibly funny and the fact that the guy KNEW I would be so pleased with something like that, would make me love him all the more. 




What's your favorite biscuit to dunk? 


Why would I take a perfectly good biscuit and make it all soppy and wet? I would drink tea while eating shortbread (does that count as a biscuit) but I would never dunk it. 




If you could change your name to anything, what would your new name be?

I quite like my name. But if I had to change it, I would go with Elanor. I don't think of myself as an Elanor, the name is altogether to lovely for me, but I shouldn't mind having it.



 photo theauthor_zps8356b86b.png


Come chat about The Silmarillion with me: 
          





4 comments:

  1. WOW so you're just stealing tags left and right! Criminal...

    Also, I would love to be named Elanor. It's such a nice, sweet name, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to give the name to my daughter someday, with that particular spelling (for reasons obvious to LOTR people). Most people won't know why it's important, but it's a beautiful name whether or not it is connected to Tolkien. I prefer the flower Simbelmynë to Elanor, but that might be a little much as a human name.

      Delete
    2. I do too! Spelled the exact same way, yes! Ooh, I like Simbelmynë as well but I also really like Niphredil and Laurinquë... I could go on and on and on!

      Delete
    3. Oh Niphredil! so pretty. Just as a name, I also love Nienor, but I don't know that I would name someone after her, given her fate.
      I decided to give all my kids two middle names, so I can have fun with one of them. That way they can just never tell anyone, if they'd rather not, and no one will notice.

      Delete

I should be most pleased if you would leave a comment. I do so love reading them and hearing what you think.
(all of it, I want to know everything you think about....wait no, that's creepy)